Chief Liaison Officer, Alan Fletcher, was recently part of a discussion panel: Extracting the value of data from a city
The panel, chaired by Damien Smith, Economic Advisor at the Department for Work and Pensions, also included Finlay Kelly, Economist for Future Cities Catapult and Lee Omar, CEO of Red Ninja as part of a day-long event at The Brewery in London’s EC1Y.
Attended by over 500 people, the showcase invited senior representatives from local authorities and city governments, technologists, investors and businesses to look at the development of and opportunities for smart cities in the UK, via:
- Showcase presentations from a number of progressive UK cities that have run and tested Smart City solutions, and cities with proposals for new projects
- Exploration of investment and business model opportunities
- Discussions around how Smart Cities can tackle issues related to themes, such as Air Quality, Energy, Health, and Transport
- Exhibitions of Smart City technologists and suppliers
- Showcases of Government Support provided by Innovate UK, UK Trade and Investment, the Catapult network and the European Commission